A native Vermonter with deep roots in the local area, Tim Goodwin grew up on one of the last working dairy farms in Weston. As an active member of the community, Tim has a long record of public service. He served in Vietnam as an officer in the U.S. Army, and subsequently retired from a distinguished career with the U.S. Treasury. Tim has served on numerous local boards over the years. Current positions include:
- Justice of the Peace
- Windham Regional Commission (Finance Committee)
- Weston Fire Department (Assistant Treasurer)
- Weston Community Association (the organization that owns the Weston Playhouse building)
Tim’s previous service includes:
- Flood Brook School Board (6 years)
- Weston School Board (12 years)
- Weston Planning Commission (25 years)
Tim is a Burr & Burton alumnus and received his undergraduate and graduate degrees from UVM. He is a Certified Public Accountant.
Tim lives in Weston with his wife Sandy and their dog, Spice; their grown children live in Shelburne, Vermont and Scottsdale, Arizona. Outside of public service, Goodwin is an avid hunter and skier.